Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Get yer' used car here!

This past Sunday I spent several hours on Salwa Road trying to find a car for us to buy.  Salwa Road is the hot spot for new and used vehicles in Doha.  I stopped at a VW dealership.  The supervisor was trying to sell me a VW Toureg W12.  Two V6 engines side by side under the hood.  450 HP and 650 Ft. Lbs. of torque.  And...only one of 500 made.  A) We don't have the money and B) Good luck finding parts for a car like that in a place like this!  After that quick stop I headed over the Car Chex to have a 2006 Range Rover inspected.  If you can imagine a parking lots without lines and too many cars all heading in the wrong direction on either side of the lot, you will almost imagine the chaos that I was part of.  The cars were quadrupel parked. At one point, I was stuck and a local behind me was honking his horn at me.  Where the heck did he want me to go?  Patience is thin here, just like the common sense and courtesy.  So once I got to Car Chex, I had the car inspected and it had so issues.  At present, the guy who we are thinking of buying the vehicle off of has taken it to a garage for repairs.  We will see what will happen.  On my way home, I got a little lost.  It took me almost and hour and a half to get home and four traffic jams.  What a nightmare.  By the time I got back to our compound, I was wiped and went straight to bed.

Wish us luck.  We still have a rental!

Ed

2 comments:

  1. Very amazing article sir and i am so happy can be here and read your nice article,Japan used cars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good blog post. I definitely appreciate this website. Keep it up!
    used cars in Qatar

    ReplyDelete