Friday, October 18, 2013

The Souq

We took at trip to the Souq last night.  It is the same as the Farmer's Market in St. Jacob's, just Middle Eastern style.  After trying to get a parking spot for about an hour, we finally made our way through the bustling corridors and and found a place to eat.  We had a nice meal with the kids in the roof top of an International Restaurant with a French name.  Too funny.  The food was good...hummus, tabbouleh, pita bread, kabobs, etc.  We walked through the Souq for a couple of hours and then spent an hour trying to get out of the parking lot.  Having hopped the curb with or car, I didn't have a parking ticket which caused a little bit of a problem for us.  We ended up paying 5 Riyals.  Pretty cheap.  The traffic is a nightmare here and it gets the better of you.  For example, I was trying to turn left in the parking lot.  Five cars would not let me in, and the last guy, he just rubbed me the wrong way.  I opened the door and just stared at him...I mean stared at him.  Linds corrected my judgement.  Good thing!  I was ready to strangle the dude.  Anyways, here are some more pics for you to look at.

The Museum of Modern Islamic Art...who knew!


Ham 1 and Ham 2.

Old wheel barrows used to move stuff around the market.

The Hookah or the Shisha...an Arabic tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment