Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bathroom encounter

So, we just got back from a staff function. I am in the washroom at the gas bar 1 km from our place. A cab just dropped us off. My neighour, Mr. Mark and I are in the men's room and I see this little fella about half, no maybe a third my size all sweaty by the sink. He is washing his face and has a lunch bag with him. I ask him where he is from. Nepal. I tell, him that I have never been there and would like to go some day. You know, Mt. Everest, I heard that it is a sight to see. We talk for a bit, and mid-conversation two local fellas walk in. They see us talking to him and hear our genuine interest in what he has to say. The fella from Nepal leaves and one of the locals says, "Where are you from".  I proudly reply, "I am Canadian" and "I am a teacher". I clench my fist and offer props. You know, smash your knuckles together and make an explosion. Why not?

Long story short, a Canadian, a Brit, a Nepalese, and two Qatari, in a bathroom in Qatar. Where else but here.

We are not lesser than one another, but equals.  Something for you to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment