Sunday, August 25, 2013

Learning as we go.

Woke up this morning and looked out the bathroom window. I guess that' what Mars looks liked.  Yep, we are in the desert!

Early start to the day. Our place has a black film all over it scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom. Looks good now!

Went for lunch at a restaurant called K108 atop a hotel.  Wonderful meal with all of the new staff and department heads. 

Swam with the kids while Linds went to get groceries. A slight culture shock for her. 

Stray cats everywhere crapping in our backyard. I love cats just as much as I love their crap.

Our Kiwi neighbour brought a scorpion in our house. Never saw a wild one up close like that before. Rugged looking creatures that mean business!

Had our first day at the school today. The kids were great and spent the day with Leah, a Phillipino caretaker.

Went to the landmark mall. I am sure that I saw signs saying no smoking. I did see two Qatari men smoking in the mall. The rules do not apply to the apparently. Learning as we go. 

Did our first workout in the pool house gym. Starting to feel normal again. Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment