Friday, August 30, 2013

The past few days.

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay. There is a lot to update since we have been busy and we haven't had a chance to update the blog. The Internet connection is crappy at best, but we have heard rumblings that a Shiek nearby is getting high-speed put in so that should help us out.  I  am going to go in reverse order going backwards in time towards my last post. We just got back from a staff party. The villa was very impressive. Lots of beverages to choose from and loads of good food. It was our first chance to meet some of the new staff. Tomorrow morning there will be a lunch for all 150 staff members...paid for by the school of course. We went on a Dhow cruise last night and anchored just off an island in the Gulf. The boat is made entirely out of wood and has two levels. Look it up. I jumped off the top deck and had the salt water go up my nose and out my ears. The kids had a great time floating in the water. It is so salty that you barely have to swim. Nate passed out on the way back to port and I got some great shots of him with the Doha skyline in the background. Both Lindsay and I are amazed at how well both Aislyn and Nate have adapted to the time change and life over here. They are just soaking it all in and have made a ton new friends. We have had our blood taken, fingers printed, physicals completed, driver's licence done and even an eye test. The Doctor who did the eye test asked me if I could see the image. I told him it was an 8. He said that there were no numbers so I said b...turns out it was an R. I still passed 6/6.  No wonder there are so many crappy drivers here. We have been busy doing our IB training. We really just want to get the school year started. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment