Thursday, August 22, 2013

Paris!!!!!

So, we finally started our journey to Qatar with a short stop in Paris!  After a 7 hr flight over night, we arrived in Paris at 8 am exhausted. The kids were awesome on the flight but only slept the last 2 hrs.  We had low expectations for the first day but managed to nap for the afternoon in our hotel room and then head out to the Eiffel Tower. It was amazing....everything I had dreamed it would be. As a French immersion kid, I always want to visit France so I could practise my French.  Too bad I forget most of it!  Our second day here, we all slept till noon...something we have never, ever done!  Headed out in the afternoon on the hop on hop off bus and saw all the tourist places. What an amazing city...we wanna come back for sure!  Headed to Qatar tomorrow....we are both super nervous about seeing Qatar for the first time and meeting the new people we will work with!  I was stressing over what to wear on the plane because as of tomorrow....good bye tank tops. Oh well, hopefully it's all ok. All I can say is our townhouse better not smell or I may not make it. Oh, and I pray the furniture is from IKEA!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Paris was awesome! Glad that you made it. Looking forward to your first update from Qatar.

    ReplyDelete