Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wacky day in Doha!

Well, it was bound to happen.  Something finally hit our car.  Not another car, but an object.

Newton's Third Law of Motion states, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".  Well, whatever hit our our caused a big dent as the energy was transferred and equally caused all of us in car to react like something just blew up.  no one was hurt and thankfully the object hit the car door and not the window.



On top of this madness, we had a huge rain storm today and there was widespread flooding.  We are heading into Spring the weather is changing each day.


So, I headed over to the Police Station downtown first.  Wrong one.  Not at all surprised.  So we headed back up to our neck of the woods and they then proceeded to refer me to another station.  I dug my heals in and ask that they accommodate me.  The shirt and tie may have helped.  Luckily we have full insurance and the report was filled out and I was on my way.


I was sitting beside these Nepalese guys who looked a little scared.  I am not sure what they did, but all of them went into the back room and the door was locked behind them.  Good luck fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment