Thursday, June 12, 2014

Reflection.

I had a right wicked week.




In my 10 or so years of teaching, I have never ended the school year the way that I am ending it now.  As the year draws to a close, there is usually a sense of jubilation that falls over the masses, despite the chaos that exists as the year winds down.  In addition, this year I am moving back home!  This should bring on a feeling of joy and happiness, but I have been a downright miserable you know what more then half of the time. 


To be honest, I have slowly had my professional morals sucked right out of me. 


As I try to fulfil my professional obligations, I am knuckled by bureaucracy and I am forced to accomplish tasks with people who choose not to act in a professional manner.  This has resulted in confrontation and animosity. 




I invite you to watch the following video.  I takes a very candid look at how leaders should make you feel safe, respected and appreciated.  I wish that I felt that way...


http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_why_good_leaders_make_you_feel_safe



1 comment:

  1. Come home you guys!! Come home!! We miss you here!! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete