Friday, January 17, 2014

Arabian Drag Racing League - Round 2 Qualifications

I was flipping through the newspaper this week and out fell four free tickets to Round 2 of the Arabian Racing League.  I thought, how cool is that.  Drag races and free tickets.  Lucky duck!  Turns out, there were free tickets in every newspaper published.  Not so lucky.  

I convinced some other teachers to join in.  A group of us headed to the track.  There were teams from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, U.A.E. and elsewhere in the Middle East.  Super bikes, 8-cylinder super bikes, supercharged cars all the way through to Pro-modified nitrous Funny Cars with 3000HP.  

It was a first and last sort of thing, but I'm glad that I went.










VIP at the drag races!

A Mosque at the drag races.



No comments:

Post a Comment